Sunday 27 March 2011

Catch Up

Well, it has been a while since I posted.  Time flies.  Cameron has been on holidays for two weeks already and I feel like we are only just starting to relax and get into holiday mode.  For the first week or so we had errands to run, sleep to catch up on and a seminar for Cameron (more on that later).  Now I am actually planning to have a sleep-in tomorrow and just go with the flow - see how the day develops.  I NEVER DO THAT.  I mean never.  I like to get up before the boys, have my shower and quiet time and prepare for my day.  No doubt I'll still get up earlier than the boys but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway...

A week ago Cameron and I went to Brisbane for about 5 days so he could attend a seminar presented by 21st Century Academy.  For me this involved 4 full days (8.00am til after midnight!!) to entertain 3 boys who were outside of their normal environment and with rainy Brisbane weather.  A big shout out to Aunty Elly who took a couple of days off to spend with us.  Even though it was hard going and I was exhausted, I was glad to do it because Cameron is preparing for our future as a family.  Our goal is to have Cameron be able to retire from his job in about 3 to 5 years, be financially secure with various investments and have him be able to work from home and enjoy quality of life.  With 3 active boys who dote on their Daddy, this is an exciting vision.

After a huge 4 days, I went out with my sister for some girly time at the local shopping centre.  Coffee, shopping, more coffee, lunch out - four and a half hours later and I was a whole new woman!  I can't remember the last time I had that much time away from my boys.  I could finish my train of thought, or complete a sentence and everything.  It was amazing (and I'm really sorry Aunty Elly for babbling so much at our morning coffee).


(There is supposed to be a lovely photo of my sister and I here but for some reason it is not showing up!!)

I have noticed a big change in Cameron since attending this seminar.  The training not only discusses financial aspects but personal motivation as well.  Cameron is wanting to be more disciplined; is more focused in his vision; and back to his more relaxed self.  One thing he said to me at the end of the training weekend was that he was sorry for having neglected me a bit lately.  I don't know if I really felt neglected  (we've been busy and had a lot going on lately) but just that he was aware of it and communicated it made me feel very appreciated.

So that is what has been happening with us lately.  Three more weeks of holidays will find us catching up with old friends for a number of dinner parties; going on a date to watch the local production of The Music Man (can't wait Saminda and Jane); another weekend trip to Brisbane (so Cam can fly to Melbourne for a BB King concert) and possibly another road trip.

Life is good.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment